Today I have a breakfast recipe for you, it’s a nice comfort food, lazy day, treat yourself kind of recipe. It seems like more and more people are having pancakes at the weekend, with not only fruit but with savoury ingredients (mainly bacon), well lets face it most people love bacon(apart from vegetarians obviously, but if your a vegetarian then this is SOOO not the recipe for you!). So instead of putting fruit in with your pancake mixture, how about putting the bacon? Well this is what you could possibly end up with…
So if you want to make these then this is what you will need;
- Streaky Bacon
- 1 Egg
- 135g Plain Flour
- 2 tblsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tblsp Butter, Melted (and extra to grease the pan)
- 130ml Milk
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Maple Syrup (to dunk)
- Blueberries (if you like them)
So all you have to do is;
1) In a measuring jug or a small bowl whisk together the egg with the milk and then whisk in the melted butter
2) In you main bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt
3) Pour the milk mixture into the flour and beat until the batter is smooth, leave the batter to rest
4) Lightly grease a pan and put your bacon in to cook
5) Take the bacon out of the pan and use a large spoon or a ladle to put the batter into the pan, pulling backwards as you go.
6) Almost instantly put a piece of bacon into the centre of the cooking batter and cover with yet more batter
7) Flip the pancake over and cook the other side
8) Once all of your batter is done put on a plate with your blueberries, maple syrup and any leftover bacon.
And that is it, you have your bacon stuffed pancakes. If you don’t like the full piece of bacon in the centre you can cut up your cooked bacon, mix it into your batter and then cook.
I made these on a lazy Sunday morning, to try and feel better about me and my boyfriend returning to work after a lovely two weeks off. And it worked … for the time that we where eating them. Lets face it, nobody likes going back to work when they have been off. If you end up making these I would really like to see what you ended up with.